A salary increase letter is a letter written by an employee to the employer with the purpose of requesting him or her to raise your salary, this can prove to be a very challenging task especially if you do not know how to go about it, however, having a well-written letter can help in supporting your claim and hence get that increase that you are yearning for.
Here are sample letter and format to help you.
What to include in a salary increase letter
- Your name and address and also that of your recipient
- The date which the letter was written
- Start with a detailed introduction that states how long you have been in that company.
- Mention your accomplishments, your promotion, and contributions to that organization.
- Things you have learned in your previous and current position till date.
- Politely state why you are writing this letter.
- Also, explain why you need this increase based on your contributions and achievements.
- State your request amount. (Optional)
- Request for a face to face meeting with your employer so that you can further discuss the issue.
- Ask for a response.
- You should also demonstrate in the letter that you are flexible.
Things to keep in mind while writing a salary increase letter
- Be polite.
- Do not make comparisons with other peer companies or colleagues only.
- The letter should demonstrate your achievements in that particular organization.
- The letter must be in a position to justify the requested increase.
- The letter should be addressed to the top decision-making authority and by using the right channel.
Salary Increase Letter Format
Dear Mr. /Mrs. /Ms. (recipients last name),
State how long you have been working in that company or organization, this is where you will also explain how your experience with this company has been for the entire time that you have been working in that company. Demonstrate that you have been really working hard in that company as well as your major achievements. Then go ahead and politely mention how you need a salary increment considering your splendid performance and achievements.
Present your increment request in percentage, let the recipient know that you are ready to meet in person and talk more about the request, remember to ask for an appointment.
Conclude your letter demonstrating that you are waiting for a positive response and also waiting for their reply.
Sample Salary Increase Letter
145, business road
13 November 2022.
XYZ Marketing Company.
Dear Mr. Ryan,
Serving at the XYZ marketing company for six years now has become part of my life, during this time, I was able to be an important member of the entire team of marketing and I have also come up with several innovative ways that are sure to contribute to the success of the company.
For example, in the last 3 years alone, I got to achieve the following goals;
- The best salesperson when it comes to customer satisfaction
- I managed to bring three new clients of high profile to the company, this, therefore, enabled the company’s sales revenue to increase by 13%.
- I voluntarily took 75 hours of my time to train the new sales staff.
I believe I have surpassed the benchmarks that were set for this position when I first arrived in this company six years ago, I would, therefore, appreciate it if you give that opportunity of meeting with you to further discuss my salary increase so that it can match with my performance. I kindly request that you raise my salary by 7% which clearly reflects my recent competencies.
I am very grateful to be a member of this great organization and I also enjoy taking on those assignments that give me that chance to contribute wholeheartedly to the company.
Thank you for taking your time to read this letter.