A career timeline template is an essential document for any individual who is serious about their career growth. The template helps you to plan and create a career path that will lead you to your desired career destination.
You should develop this vital document as you start your college or university studies. If you are already working, you are not late; you can still make the necessary plans and strategies that will help you in your career growth. Both students and the working class should have clear, documented career path and goals.
You don’t need to create your career timeline from scratch. There are many templates online that you can customize to fit your desired document.
Career Timeline to Print
Career Planning Timeline to Print
Career Search Timeline
Career Planning Timeline Template
Career Development Plan Template
Application and Career Timeline
Career Timeline Template
Career Path Timeline Template
The timeline will guide you through the small steps of everyday working/study life that are relevant to achieving your overall career goal. You understand the relevance of your current job title, if you have one or its significance should you succeed in landing a similar or related job position in the future. With a well-planned career timeline, you can;
- Establish a solid background upon which you can comfortably work upon. It can involve establishing a network of individuals with similar interests as you and connecting with them on a regular basis.
- Enroll for courses that will prepare you to achieve your desired career goals.
- Explore the options at your disposal. In this case, you will be trying out different approaches but within the relevant parameters of your chosen career.
- Gain the necessary experience. This will be an invaluable asset when you hit the peak of your career. You will know the pitfalls and the irrelevant skills to avoid.
- Market yourself. Having established your name in the industry of your choice, you now can transfer your knowledge and skills to practical, real-life situations in a way that not only helps you but others in your network as well.
- You can prepare your career template in PDF or Excel.
- You can make changes to your career timeline as you progress.
Undergoing through these five aspects takes time. To achieve maximum gains from the template, it is essential to create a comprehensive career timeline template with specific and reasonable timelines upon which each listed objective will be achieved. With it, you get to know which job positions to apply for or to avoid altogether.