Writing an autobiography is a big deal, and creating an autobiography outline template can save you lots of frustration. The purpose of writing an autobiography template before writing the book is that it will serve as a reference of your important life events. Although it may seem like a time-consuming extra step, taking the time to write out an autobiography outline sample will ensure structure, flow, and can ultimately be a life saver.
An autobiography template outline is necessary to create a well written book. Suppose you started to write the book and already have several pages written. As you are reading over your work, you realize that there are gaps in the story and there is also a lot of irrelevant content. Bam! The blank outline template saves the day. With the main topics, events, sub-topics, and sub-events already in place, you do not need to stop the flow of writing. In fact, all you need to do is look back at this template, see where your story started to get off track, go back to this spot, and resume writing. How wonderful!
Writing an autobiography outline:
- Write the title: Of course, this can be changed as you go through the process of writing the book, but have a working title for the time being.
- Next, write a few sentences (under the title) explaining why you are writing the autobiography. This will help you determine the focus of the book.
- Now comes the fun part. Create a series of chronological headings for the main chunk of the autobiography outline. Write out important childhood memories, pivotal life events, places you lived, etc…
- Under each major heading, create subheadings. Include ages, dates, other people, and expand on each event.
Here are some samples and templates to help you with your task.
5 Paragraph Autobiography Outline (Word Template)
Autobiography Outline Free Word Format
Autobiography Outline Example
Sample Autobiography Outline
Life Tree Autobiography Outline Template for Word Doc
My Autobiography Outline (Write your own autobiography)
Sample Autobiography on Yourself
Autobiography Outline for Students
Autobiography Template for Students
High School Autobiography Outline Template
Autobiography Outline Template for Middle School
Autobiography Outline for Adults
Autobiographical Essay Outline Template
An autobiographical essay outline format will come in handy for anyone writing their own autobiography. An autobiography outline should be used by everyone that is writing – kids, high schoolers, and even adults. Even a basic autobiography outline can help you stay on track, stay organized, and save lots of time.
Bare Bones Autobiography Outline Template
Teacher Education Program Autobiography Outline
Autobiography Outline for a Scholarship Application
Autobiography Outline Questionnaire Format
Autobiography Outline for Adoptive Parents
Literacy Autobiography Essay Outline in PDF
Cultural Autobiography Outline Example
How to Write Your Own Autobiography (PDF Guide)
How to Write an Autobiography
Biography Vs. Autobiography (PowerPoint)
Tips for writing an Autobiography outline:
- Purpose – Really sit down to think about why you are writing your autobiography. This will give your thoughts a general focus and you will be able to formulate whether you want your writing to have a persuasive, reflective, or any other type of tone.
- Write out your timeline – Conduct research on your own life. Write out the most important dates, events, and memories. This is the brainstorming phase, so write down everything you remember.
- Pull out the best stories – Highlight the most important stories and begin drafting your manuscript by writing out these main stories. You will weave these main stories together to create the big picture.