When writing an essay, an outline isn’t strictly required for completing an essay. However an effective essay outline can make the task of writing an essay much easier than it would be without the outline. The essay outline organizes the main points, and their supporting content. This process prevents needless repetition of information, and highlights areas that need special attention.
There is no hard-fast rule in essay outline design, but there is a general consensus on the overall idea. Typically, an essay has five paragraphs. The first paragraph is the introduction which includes the hook, and the thesis or main argument. The second, third, and fourth paragraphs are the three arguments, and their supporting facts or opinions. The fifth paragraph is the conclusion.
Basically this breaks down into three main parts:
- Main points and supporting content
Here are 30+ plus blank outline templates, samples and formats to help you with your essay.
- 5 Paragraph Essay Outline Template
- Blank Essay Outline Template
- Essay Outline Template for Compare and Contrast
- Essay Outline Template for Middle School
- Essay Outline Template for High School
- Essay Outline Template for College
- Essay Outline Template for Word
- Essay Outline Worksheet
- Research Essay Outline Template
- Analytical Essay Outline Template
- Argumentative Essay Outline Template
- Expository Essay Outline Template
- Persuasive Essay Outline Template
- Reflective Essay Outline Template
- Sample Essay Outline Template for Word
- Blank Informative Essay Outline Template
- Expository Essay Outline Sample for Word
- Sample College Essay Outline Template
- Argumentative Essay Outline Example
- Compare and Contrast Essay Outline Template for PDF
- Essay Outline Example for PDF
- Essay Outline Worksheet for PDF
- Expository Essay Outline
- Literacy Essay Analysis Outline Example
- Narrative Essay Outline Format for PDF
- Persuasive Essay Outline Example
- Research Proposal Essay Outline for PDF
- Sample Argumentative Essay Outline for PDF
- Sample Essay Writing Outline
- Sample Narrative Essay Outline for PDF
- Sample Persuasive Essay Outline for PDF
- Simple Essay Outline
- Thesis Essay Format Example
- Tips for writing an essay outline:
- Why you should make an outline for essay?
5 Paragraph Essay Outline Template
Blank Essay Outline Template
Essay Outline Template for Compare and Contrast
Essay Outline Template for Middle School
Essay Outline Template for High School
Essay Outline Template for College
Essay Outline Template for Word
Essay Outline Worksheet
Research Essay Outline Template
Analytical Essay Outline Template
Argumentative Essay Outline Template
Expository Essay Outline Template
Persuasive Essay Outline Template
Reflective Essay Outline Template
Sample Essay Outline Template for Word
Blank Informative Essay Outline Template
Expository Essay Outline Sample for Word
Sample College Essay Outline Template
Argumentative Essay Outline Example
Compare and Contrast Essay Outline Template for PDF
Essay Outline Example for PDF
Essay Outline Worksheet for PDF
Expository Essay Outline
Literacy Essay Analysis Outline Example
Narrative Essay Outline Format for PDF
Persuasive Essay Outline Example
Research Proposal Essay Outline for PDF
Sample Argumentative Essay Outline for PDF
Sample Essay Writing Outline
Sample Narrative Essay Outline for PDF
Sample Persuasive Essay Outline for PDF
Simple Essay Outline
Thesis Essay Format Example
Tips for writing an essay outline:
- The hook should be in the first sentence- While addressing the content of your essay is important, a reader won’t get there if they’re not interested in your work
- There are three types of essays- There are three basic types of essays: Expository, Informative, and Argumentative. The type of essay you write will dictate your introduction. In informative essays, the introduction will be a general summary of the information to follow. In argumentative essays the introduction will be your main argument in the discussion, and expository essays will lead with an introduction that may state facts or statistics.
- Outlining is a time saver and an organizer- Assembling an essay outline allows the writer to see what work has been done and what work remains. It also organizes otherwise chaotic thought processes in a sensible manner. Essay outlines take time, but they save more time and frustration later in the process. You wouldn’t go on vacation without first knowing where you’re going, and how you’re getting there. This same concept applies to writing.
- There is no right or wrong way- There is no right or wrong way to make an essay outline- The components of an essay outline can be written out in proper sentence structure or paraphrased. The essay structure doesn’t necessarily have to consist of five paragraphs, and there is no set way of organizing the main points as long as the structure is organized for your purpose.
Why you should make an outline for essay?
Writing an outline essay is important because mastering the skill of writing essay outlines allows the writer to master their writing structure for future projects. Also, essay outlines allow the writer to organize their thoughts so readers don’t get lost in, or frustrated with what they’re reading. You might also like to check book outline templates.
If you have any DMCA (Copyright) problem(s) on this post, Please Contact Us.