If you’re planning to write a book, and you have a general idea of the type of book, and its contents then you’re off to a good start. However, one thing to consider now is your book outline template. The blank outline template will organize the abstract ideas of the book and make it easier for the readers to follow and understand. There is added benefit to the author as well. A well-organized template can help you work against the ever-bearing writer’s block, it can provide motivation, and can serve as a layout for marketing. Bear in mind that regardless of the type of book you are writing, most readers will make their decision to finish the book or put it down after the first paragraph. After a reader has finished reading your book you’ll want a good review. The key to making readers happy is ease of reading, understanding of the main point, continuity, and symmetry. A proper book outline assures these factors within the book. For this reason, any book should be well organized, and thought out.
There are a number of different basic templates for book outlines. The kind you use will depend on the type of book you are writing. The book outline template for a romance novel is different than the outline for a self-help book. There are outlines for fiction and non-fiction, and for short books and text books. The first step in any book outline is deciding which type of outline you will need.
Here are some book outline templates to help you:
- Book Outline Template for Word
- Story Outline Template
- Fiction Novel Outline Template
- Non-Fiction Book Outline Template
- Nonfiction Book Proposal Outline Template
- Novel Outline Template (Chapter by Chapter)
- Book Outline Template for Microsoft® Word
- eBook Outline Template for Word
- History Book Outline Example
- Self Help Book Outline Template
- Biography Book Outline
- Comic Book Outline Example
- Outline Template for a Book Review
- Sample Nonfiction Book Outline
- Fiction Book Outline Template for PDF
- Non Fiction Book Outline Template for PDF
- Sample Nonfiction Book Proposal Outline
- When assembling a book outline template keep a few things in mind.
Book Outline Template for Word
Story Outline Template
Fiction Novel Outline Template
Non-Fiction Book Outline Template
Nonfiction Book Proposal Outline Template
Novel Outline Template (Chapter by Chapter)
Book Outline Template for Microsoft® Word
eBook Outline Template for Word
History Book Outline Example
Self Help Book Outline Template
Biography Book Outline
Comic Book Outline Example
Outline Template for a Book Review
Sample Nonfiction Book Outline
Fiction Book Outline Template for PDF
Non Fiction Book Outline Template for PDF
Sample Nonfiction Book Proposal Outline
When assembling a book outline template keep a few things in mind.
- Don’t be afraid of your outline- Your outline is not a rigid set of boundaries. As your book develops, some things are bound to change. While working with your outline is important, changing parameters as needed is possible.
- One of the benefits is marketing- if you’ve started promoting your book, as you should have done, before your book is finished the outline will help in the creation of your marketing strategy.
- Consider your design and layout- There is nothing more excruciating than working with an author to create a book cover, only to have that author completely misunderstand the work needed. The book outline is a tool you can use when contracting things like your book cover because it contains all the relevant information.
If you’re writing a fiction novel, use the book outline to define your character and settings. This creates greater continuity later, and works as a resource for you to refer back to when you get stuck. If you are writing a short story or essay then you might like to check essay outline templates as well.
If you have any DMCA (Copyright) problem(s) on this post, Please Contact Us.